[extropy-chat] The Hidden Luddite was Re: peak oil debate

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Thu Sep 8 19:58:07 UTC 2005

Read more carefully.  Remember that I am a minarchist.  I believe
there are some tasks best performed by government but that the set of
such tasks is small.  I am against government regulation of
business.  I am not against a government whose job it is to protect
the rights of the people and formulate laws protecting the people
from various forms of aggression on their rights.  I am not against a
government that runs enforcement and judiciary of those laws.  I am
against a government that attempts to regulate heavily most aspects
of our lives and interactions.  There is a world of difference.  It
is not a legitimate task of government to regulate business.  It is a
legitimate task of government to formulate and enforce laws against
business fraud and harm to the people.   See the difference?

- s