[extropy-chat] Katrina as a test of social theories and models

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 9 02:11:14 UTC 2005

--- Robin Hanson <rhanson at gmu.edu> wrote:

> At 02:58 PM 9/8/2005, Damien Broderick wrote:
> >Everyone's a critic. Here is some material to work with:
> >http://nielsenhayden.com/makinglight/archives/006754.html#006754
>
> Wow.  That is a really disturbing description.  I have no reason not
> to believe them - does anyone have a reason to doubt the truth of
> this story?

Nope, as I expected, local government is responsible for the early
screw-ups and callousness, FEMA made it worse by demanding people leave
the city for help, that the sheriffs outside the city wouldn't let them
leave, but none of the locals were likely telling FEMA they were
keeping people in the city.

Mike Lorrey
Founder, Constitution Park Foundation:
http://constitutionpark.blogspot.com