[extropy-chat] Extropic (was: Extropy and libertarianism)

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Mon Sep 12 12:20:41 UTC 2005

At 04:14 PM 9/11/2005, Dirk wrote:

>On 9/11/05, Natasha Vita-More
><<mailto:natasha at natasha.cc>natasha at natasha.cc> wrote:
>Dirk and everyone,
>
>I think that my response to Dirk came off as too harsh.  Please forgive me
>if this is so.  Sometimes I am not fully confident that I understand Dirk,
>and could have miscalculated.  My response is that if Dirk thinks that
>extropy can be interpreted in a myriad of ways, this is off the mark
>because extropy = extropy.  Interpretations of an ideological outcome from
>extropy can indeed be interpreted in a number of ways that authentically
>reflect the principles.  What we are striving for a viewpoint that is
>extropic and which reflects the most advantageous outcomes for transhumanity.
>

>And that's where the problem may lie.
>What if the extropic is *not* the most efficacious path to Transhumanity?

Good question.  Let's discuss extropic then.

Natasha

<http://www.natasha.cc/>Natasha <http://www.natasha.cc/>Vita-More
Cultural Strategist, Designer
Studies of the Future, University of Houston
President, <http://www.extropy.org/>Extropy Institute
Founder, <http://www.transhumanist.biz/>Transhumanist Arts & Culture

Knowledge is the most democratic source of power.  Alvin Toffler
Random acts of kindness... Anne Herbet