[extropy-chat] Re: Famous author self destructs in public! Filmat eleven.

Brett Paatsch bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au
Wed Sep 14 23:01:09 UTC 2005

Samantha Atkins wrote:

> John,
>
> Why are you resurfacing this tired "discussion" months and months
> after it originally was brought up in a completely different
> context?   Unless you are somewhere really far away and thus light
> speed lagged I see no reason for this rather boorish behavior.

I don't agree with you here Samantha. John  C Wright has obviously
spent considerable time putting his words and thoughts together. I
don't agree with what I have read that he has most recently written
but I respect his obvious effort and his concentration span. I don't
find his continued interest boorish at all.

I think its actually a good thing for people to be able to pull out posts
from the past and pick up, or try to, where the conversation left off.
I often wonder if many people can even remember what they have
said a few days after they have said it. It makes it hard to get much
depth in conversations with them.

By doing what John has done he invites deeper consideration. His
invitation for others to rejoin a conversation may of course be
declined but it isn't boorish of him to make it as he has done.

Brett Paatsch