[extropy-chat] Re: Famous author self destructs in public! Filmat eleven.

Jacob xander25 at adelphia.net
Fri Sep 16 12:49:16 UTC 2005

a) Can you be sure that was his intent? Technology hasn't yet developed
to the point of being able to read minds. I consider the topic to be an
intriguing one myself, and is more interesting than some of the other
threads on this list.
b) I would choose to consider it a challenge and opportunity to better
myself.
c) Not one of us knows what the future may hold.
d) This I flat out disagree with, it is quite the opposite really. The
discussion is about: does an unborn child have a right to live? What is
life? More specifically what is human life? Who has the right to live or
die? What about AI's? What kind of rights (or rather, would have) do
they have? What values do we teach them? Are they "alive"? What is
right? Does "right" exist? That is the one thing we have yet to
establish...and so far what I've seen are attacks on his choice of
religion and/or character...neither of which are relevent to the discussion.
e) Please elaborate.

--Jacob Bennett