[extropy-chat] Moon goddess

Gina Miller nanogirl at halcyon.com
Sun Sep 18 22:16:21 UTC 2005

I just sent an email to the list that had an image attached, I don't know if it will go through? Are attachments allowed?
Anyway, in case the email does not come through, here it is and here is a link to the image:

Link: http://www.nanogirl.com/images/before.jpg

Um, yeah that's it, 5 dimensional : )

You're probably noticing that two parts of this image have two different light sources as they were from two different scenes. I made the moon background in one program, rendered out a jpg, then I made the model in another program, rendered out a jpg of her. I then glued them together in Photoshop. The yellow that you see is actually the "neon glow" filter in Photoshop. It sort of flushed the two images together by the common shade color. I threw the star on in Photoshop too (just used the shape tool with a gradient). The attached is what the two scenes looked like before I put them together and added the filter. You can see (you are correct) that they actually have opposite directional lighting. What I did like about the neon filter is that it sort of suggested that the glow you see around that center of darkness (lower right by the moon) is circular and perhaps could rise above her, where as the base of her (her legs etc.) is darker and closer to that center of darkness.

Gina