[extropy-chat] Nuke the Great Satan

Jeff Medina analyticphilosophy at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 14:55:58 UTC 2005

On 9/19/05, kevinfreels.com <kevin at kevinfreels.com> wrote:
> This is exactly why we need to be shooting people as they enter the country
> illegally. I know it doesn;t seem very extropian, but if people were being
> shot, I doubt as many would be trying to cross. There's legal ways into this
> country.

Let's shoot people for speeding and jaywalking. Let's chop off the
hands of shoplifters, too. Let's stone queers in the public square.
There are legal ways to drive and cross streets and acquire goods and
get married, right?

And I know it doesn't seem very extropian, but let's set the ignorant
on fire, too. If the ignorant were burned at the stake, I doubt as
many suggestions like this one would be passed around.

--
Jeff Medina
http://www.painfullyclear.com/

Community Director
http://www.singinst.org/

Relationships & Community Fellow
Institute for Ethics & Emerging Technologies
http://www.ieet.org/

School of Philosophy, Birkbeck, University of London
http://www.bbk.ac.uk/phil/