[extropy-chat] GOOGLE: Thinkers wanted

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 20 19:22:29 UTC 2005

From: Good Morning Silicon Valley:
The first rule of The Google Partner Forum is - you do not talk about
The Google Partner Forum.
The second rule of The Google Partner Forum is - you DO NOT talk about
The Google Partner Forum. Google will hold its first-ever deep thinker
conference later this month, an invitation-only event dubbed Zeitgeist
'05. Attending will be Google co-founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page,
Yahoo Chief Executive Terry Semel, MSN Senior Vice President Yusuf
Mehdi, InterActive Corp's Chief Executive Barry Diller, Arthur
Sulzberger, chairman and publisher of the New York Times, and Tipping
Point author Malcolm Gladwell, among others. Sounds like the makings of
some fascinating conversation. Too bad we'll never hear what was
discussed though. Attendees are strictly forbidden from speaking about
it. From the Zeitgeist '05 FAQ:

All speeches and discussions at Zeitgeist are off the record. To ensure
that our presenters and attendees can speak openly, no press coverage
or blogging is permitted.

I am therefore looking for anyone on this list who may have received an
invite to confidentially disclose goings on for my blog. Your identity
will be kept confidential, as an established blogger and by court
precedent, I will enjoy journalistic protections. Readers will want to
know what goes on. From what I'm hearing it looks like Google is going
to be breaking out as a nationwide fiber optic, wifi, and VPN provider.

Mike Lorrey
Founder, Constitution Park Foundation:
http://constitutionpark.blogspot.com
Personal/political blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com