[extropy-chat] Nuke the Great Satan

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 22 20:25:24 UTC 2005

--- "kevinfreels.com" <kevin at kevinfreels.com> wrote:

> >My comments directed at Kevin previously have little to do with
> walls - What makes me seethe is the parochialism that is so easily
> >satisfied by retiring into some (figurative or physical) walled
> enclave of privilege. We have the entire world to deal with now. We
> can't afford to >protect our small patch and let everyone else go to
> hell.
>
> I've been trying to let this go, but obviously people are STILL
> failing to READ what I have actually WRITTEN rather than READ INTO it
> what they WANT to. I have never ever ever ever said any such thing
> that could even closely resemble the idea that I would want to keep
> ANYONE out of the US who genuinely wants to come here to live. Never
> said anything about letting anyone go to hell. I have said over and
> over that the door should be open to all. My comments are geared only
> towards thos who would still choose to go on the back way while the
> door is open . You bring out words like "parochialism" and can;t even
> understand the simple concept of "border". If you are angry, you are
> so because you choose to be. >

What is even more telling, Kevin, is that people like this seem to
think that national borders shouldn't mean anything for anyone who
wants to cross one, but the minute someone on the wrong side of one is
having their rights violated by a thug, they are the first people on
the "go to hell" bandwagon.... hypocrits all.

Mike Lorrey
Founder, Constitution Park Foundation:
http://constitutionpark.blogspot.com
Personal/political blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com