[extropy-chat] FWD (SK) Nuclear Energy: A Fallacious Responsetothe Oil Crisis (renewable fuels)

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Fri Sep 23 03:55:02 UTC 2005

> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Jeff Davis
>
> --- spike <spike66 at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > ...  We still have
> > motorcycles, which allow one to tear around
> > like one's ass is on fire if one must
>
> Or, you could save the expense of a motorcycle
> entirely.  Though not as much fun, simply pour the
> gasoline on the seat of you pants and set your ass on
> fire for real...
>
> By the way, what kind of mileage would you expect from
> this mode of transport?
>
> Best, Jeff Davis

I got high 40s on those occasions when I was going
thru Yellowstone last week, dropping my speed to
below 60 mph.  I plan to attempt a world record
soon: the longest no-foot-down ride on a Suzuki
Cavalcade, assuming Iron-Butt rules of no more than
11 gallons of fuel aboard.  I plan to ride from my
house in Taxifornia 500 miles to the Oregon ranch
without touching down or stopping.