[extropy-chat] Re: Robin Hanson on Cynicism

Robin Hanson rhanson at gmu.edu
Fri Sep 23 12:40:50 UTC 2005

At 05:00 AM 9/23/2005, Brett Paatsch wrote:
>>...  And the situation is much worse on topics where there are
>>certain positions that ordinary people typically *want* to believe
>>(such as the health effectiveness of medicine).
>
>You have grounds for thinking ordinary people are mistaken
>as to the health effectiveness of medicine?

I know that you responded to a thread in the last month which started
from my posting this link: http://hanson.gmu.edu/feardie.pdf,
wherein I outline my grounds for so thinking.

Associate Professor of Economics, George Mason University
MSN 1D3, Carow Hall, Fairfax VA 22030-4444
703-993-2326  FAX: 703-993-2323