[extropy-chat] Odeo: best podcasting application

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 06:52:24 UTC 2005

On 9/26/05, Emlyn wrote:

> Podcasts are ridiculously easy to create, as long as you have
> somewhere to put your mp3s. Here's a twenty minute or so method for
> creating a free podcast:
>
> It's easy, it uses all free web based tools so you can get to it from
> anywhere, there are no ads in the podcast or any junk like that. If
> you need free hosting for your mp3 files, http://ourmedia.org/ will do
> it for you apparently.

Actually, Feedburner will insert ads in your RSS or podcast *if you
ask them to*. They are selling ad space as targeted at very selective
audiences.  You may have noticed the ads already in the RSS stream for
Scientific American, for example.

What we are waiting for now is an RSS reader that will remove ads,
like we have browsers that remove ads from websites.

BillK