[extropy-chat] more on Swiss American interview

Al Brooks kerry_prez at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 27 23:31:39 UTC 2005

Swiss American rep: "Cracking water for hydrogen; fusion, etc., are good-- I'm all for them-- however when do we get 'em? 50 years? 75 years?...now it may be we can get them within 25- 30 years, I hope so, but I don't know, I have doubts... you might be waiting longer than you want. However dirty it is, petroleum is here and now".
"Oil refining is a dirty business,  but if we're going to be stuck with black gold for awhile then America ought to have more domestic refineries". Everyone agreed with this point in the interview, even if they didn't like petroleum-based energy at all-- which might remotely appear to be a contradiction, in that they know the refineries are so dirty.
There was mirth when the interviewee said he disliked Barbra Streisand announcing, " '[global warming] is burning the earth up' ". The interviewer replied, " Well you cannot cite Barbra Streisand, she is not a fully knowledgable expert on the subject". The interviewee laughed for a bit, saying, "that's true, that's true..."

http://mail.yahoo.com