[extropy-chat] Blog spam

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Thu Sep 29 04:57:11 UTC 2005

> ...so he can access legit sites without
> spending a lot of time on captchas.
>
> It also doesn't defeat the exploit of hiring poor people in India at
> $10 a day to do nothing but read captchas. Developing world english
> speakers are a cheap Turing machine.
>
> Mike Lorrey

Here's a captcha game:  let's say we want to have a
site which we want generally accessible to yanks but
not to developing-world English speaking Turing
machines.  We want it text based, perhaps trivia
questions that nearly all yanks will get immediately
but non-yanks won't.

Turns out it is very difficult:  you would need
questions that cannot be solved using Google (that
is a huge challenge in itself) and ideally would
work for people of all ages.

The ones I thought of will be easy for yanks, altho
some may be difficult for children (defined as those
younger than ~40.)  Europeans, did you get any of
these, even with Google?  Yanks over 40, did you
miss any, even without Google?

1.  Who often said "...heah's ya beah, Ahhchie..." _ _ _ _ _

2.  "I would like to see him win this match, but I
fear Clay is the better man."  Who is Clay today?

3.  "Linda Minda fo Finda, b _ _ _ _ _   f _ _ _ _ ...

4.  The one below KY and above GA.

5.  The Miami _ _ _ _ _ _ _ s.

6.  The U.S. has had exactly a hundred of these since 59.

7.  I had a crush on MaryAnn, but my friend thought
_ _ _ _ _ _ was better.

8.  RayyyyyNeeeeeeer _ _ _ _.

9.  Little old lady shouting into phone:
Where's  _ _ _  _ _ _ _?

10.  State shaped kinda like a fat L.

Europeans, give me some from over there.