[extropy-chat] I keep asking myself...

Al Brooks kerry_prez at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 5 16:00:28 UTC 2006

 No Samantha, you don't know-- I started out down with a thoroughly dysfunctional family and have been very slowly moving up. It's always shocking how those so educated can be unknowing of others' situations because they simply do not wish to know. Last night a woman told me men should always be kind to each other and I agreed with the qualification that there are exceptions. I mentioned how a drunken student threatened me so I picked a rock off the ground and he left immediately without a word.
  We haven't reached the point in our evolution where we can just for instance escape our gender. You are getting ahead of the present in thinking we have as of yet evolved past gender, nationality, etc. Think of how many decades this country will be squabbling about are 'illegals' to be considered guest workers, resident aliens, undocumented workers, undocumented alien workers, undocumented guest workers, undocumented resident alien workers, or... We have got a long way to go at least measured in terms of a lifespan as a lifespan is known today, and I live for today & the near future-- not for the distant future.

  >Samantha Atkins wrote:
  It has nothing at all to do with gender. I spoke as  one human concerned with the apparent downward spiral of another. Sorry (mostly for you) if you don't want to or can't hear it or benefit.  You can dry up and blow away if you so wish. But it is in your power  to choose differently.
  samantha