[extropy-chat] Athiest perspectives...

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Sun Apr 16 14:53:14 UTC 2006

You may be right John.  I propose the theory as the best explanation for why
the disciples decided to spend their lives teaching religion: they
themselves thought that Jesus had perished and risen.  Pilate would have had
a good explanation for the emperor if the facts became known: he ordered a
feigned execution in order to quell a riot, then after the crowd went away,
he let the guy go because he was mostly innocent.  Even the Romans didn't
like to slay proles for no reason.