[extropy-chat] infinite fun but finite tunes?

Gary Miller aiguy at comcast.net
Sun Apr 16 16:13:03 UTC 2006

 I find portions of some rock songs very viral.

Godsmack's Voodoo...

"I'm not the one who's so far away when I feel the snakebite enter my brain.
Never did I want to be here again, and I don't remember why I came."

If I hear this on a car radio it will keep popping back into my head at
least three or four more times that day for no apparent reason.

Also some recent viral stuff from System of a Down

"Why don't presidents fight the war?  Why do they only send the poor?
Where the fuck were you?"

This pops into my every head every time I see Bush on TV and sometimes plays
in my head for quite a while.

More amazing still is when I latch on to an CD that I don't know why I like
it and keep listening to it over and over like
Lesiem - Mystic Spirit Voices.

Much of this CD is in Latin or vocalized in such haunting ways that much of
the lyrics are a complete mystery to me.

Their subsequent CDs did not affect me this way at all.  I would categorize
the whole CD is viral.