[extropy-chat] Way, way, way over the edge...

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Mon Apr 17 14:43:23 UTC 2006

bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Robert Bradbury

Spike, just for my information -- *what* precisely is the Biblical basis for
objecting to homosexuals?  (If it isn't too much trouble.)

Robert

There isn't much there actually.  The apostle Paul seems to have a hardon
for it, commenting that feminine men will not inherit the kingdom of heaven.
I figure a lot of it is actually derived from the notion that copulation is
to be for procreation only, thus the condemnation of Onan, who was doing it
only out of a sense of duty, and was clearly practicing an early form of
birth control:

Gen 38: 8  Then Judah said to Onan, "Unite with your brother's widow, in
fulfillment of your duty as brother-in-law, and thus preserve your brother's
line."
9
Onan, however, knew that the descendants would not be counted as his; so
whenever he had relations with his brother's widow, he wasted his seed on
the ground, to avoid contributing offspring for his brother.
10
What he did greatly offended the LORD, and the LORD took his life too.

Lesson: no seed spilling.  Mr. Damn might slay you.

Then there is that unfortunate incident in Sodom, which only demonstrates
how screwed up Lot was.  He would sacrifice his two virgin daughters to save
on visitor:

Gen 19:4  But before they lay down, the men of the city, [even] the men of
Sodom, compassed the house round, both old and young, all the people from
every quarter:

 Gen 19:5 And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where [are] the men
which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know
them.

 Gen 19:6 And Lot went out at the door unto them, and shut the door after
him,

 Gen 19:7 And said, I pray you, brethren, do not so wickedly.

 Gen 19:8 Behold now, I have two daughters which have not known man; let me,
I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as [is] good in your
eyes: only unto these men do nothing; for therefore came they under the
shadow of my roof.

Ooooookaaaaay.  This is one seriously messed up father, eh?  "Hey no
problem!  Take these two beyotches."