[extropy-chat] Way, way, way over the edge...

Anne-Marie Taylor femmechakra at yahoo.ca
Wed Apr 19 00:53:10 UTC 2006

ilsa.bartlett at gmail.com  wrote:
  >*what* precisely is the Biblical basis for objecting to homosexuals?  (If it
>isn't too much trouble.)  there is NO biblical bases for objecting to
>Homosexuals.  it is a reconstruction of words to fit a persons picture of
>how the world should be according to that person.  it is pure soap box.

  Not that I'm an expert but my mother is a diocese and I have read the
  Bible numerous of times.  Their is no clear message from "God" per say
  that says that homosexuality is wrong, it was man that decided that it
  was "BAD".

  In cegep, the best explanation I ever received from one of my teachers;
  "Homosexuality is just as important as heterosexuality as is regulates
  the amount of people reproducing on the planet.  If too many women
  and men copulate too quickly it may endanger society, therefore, humans
  are born differently to unsure the safety of our survival."
  I'm not sure of the statistics behind it but it made a huge amount of sense to
  me.

  I believe many smart and educated men that wrote the Bible as much
  as I believe that there where a bunch of idiots that wanted to deny scientific data:)

  I hope I have been helpful
  And of course, this is just my opinion:)
  Anna