[extropy-chat] "Dead Time" of the Brain

A B austriaaugust at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 23 22:54:53 UTC 2006

Hello,

  Can someone here explain what seems to me to be almost inexplicable? That conscious experience exists even in light of the fact that at least 10^29 Planck Intervals will elapse between any two neural firings? (And in practice, probably a good deal more). It seems almost as if cognition "reaches back into time" in order to trace the whole pathway of activation - which constitutes what we call the "present moment". I know this post may sound religious or mystical but that is not my intent.

  Best Wishes,

  Jeffrey Herrlich