[extropy-chat] "Dead Time" of the Brain

A B austriaaugust at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 26 19:41:04 UTC 2006

Hi John,

  I agree. Even if the premise is true, it is not going to change the way I conduct my life.
  I am still going to sign up for cryonics, all the same. But, I think it would be extremely interesting if this premise could be shown to be true or at least probable, only because it would carry profound philosophical implications.

  Best Wishes,

  Jeffrey Herrlich

John K Clark <jonkc at att.net> wrote:
  A B Wrote:

> Can anyone on this list provide any scientific evidence
>(not an argument) > that the following premise: "We"
>as individuals are constantly dieing, and our subjective
> life is only a series of "copies illusions" : is
> impossible?

Your use of the word "only" puzzles me. I don't know if the above is true or
not, but I do know it's utterly unimportant. I don't care if I'm "really"
(whatever that means) dead or not, if I think I'm alive then that's good
enough for me. I mean, what more could you want?

John K Clark