[extropy-chat] The Business of Protecting Your Own Finances

Anne-Marie Taylor femmechakra at yahoo.ca
Wed Apr 26 22:12:39 UTC 2006

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc  wrote:
  I have been travelling recently and just returned to Austin and I found out
that a someone had gotten into my  online banking account and had written
and authorized a payment check to be sent to an address in New Jersey.  The
amount was not trifling.  Online banking is insured at my bank so after the
last few days of stress, things have resumed to normal.  We still do not
know what happened, but it was probably a keystroke watch that got onto my
computer and followed my moves.

  I'm really sorry to hear that Natasha.  I hope they catch the person
  that did it.  That's just wrong.  I still can't understand what makes people
  malicious.

  I was actually wondering recently what I should do regarding my
  computer.  I'm buying a new one and can't decide if I should put it on
  the internet.  I want to work on video and music programs and I'm
  thinking it's saffer to just keep my old computer for the net.  I was
  wondering what everybody else thought.

  Thanks Anna