[extropy-chat] "Dead Time" of the Brain.

Ian Goddard iamgoddard at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 27 03:29:35 UTC 2006

--- Heartland <velvet977 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> >  Heartland Wrote:
> >
> >  "So, a brain is a 3-D object. Mind is a 4-D
> > object."
> >
> >  I think you are mistaken here. A brain is
> > definitely a 4-D object. It does objectively
> > survive the passage of time, does it not?

> Anything from 1-D to 3-D also exists/survives in
> 4-D. My point is that the fundamental nature of
> brain structure is 3-D while mind nature is 4-D.
> What I mean is that a projection of the brain from
> 4-D to 3-D retains the same functionality of the
> brain but it isn't possible to go lower than 3-D
> and still end up with a functional brain.

 But "a functional brain" occurs in time, and a static
brain frozen in time performs no functions. Virtually
everything a brain does happens in time. And a lot of
those things would NOT be defined as 'mind,' such as
thermal regulation, growth-hormone secretion, etc. So
we have non-mind brain functions that necessarily
happen in time, that seems to be a counter example to
the proposition above. ~Ian