[extropy-chat] Census Declaration - Transhumanism as a Religion?

Bret Kulakovich bret at bonfireproductions.com
Mon Aug 7 19:58:18 UTC 2006

Personally, I don't think you should, even though the modern context
and use of the word "religion" could be interpreted in that manner.

Seeing that the Latin prefix of religion is rooted somehow in
"supernatural" and "superstition".

It's like lumping Atheism into religion. People that want to keep
clear of a certain mess through choice are simply redefined by mess-
participants as another form of mess. Then the meme-pool needs cleaning.

Ultimately, I'm sure that there are people that view it as such, it
is a personal choice.

Philosophy? Yes. Religion? No.

Cheers,
Bret