[extropy-chat] Mind Mapping Software - Suggestions?

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Mon Aug 14 14:14:49 UTC 2006

At 11:16 PM 8/8/2006, Jay wrote:

>Mind mapping software has limits and drawbacks. Collaborative mind
>mapping posed challenges for me, esp. with the expensive Mind Manager.
>Even freemind has this problem to some extent. You can spend more time
>explaining the technique than working on the project! Also, take all
>the claims about saving time with a grain of salt. I find that mind
>mapping takes longer than usually claimed. I usually spend more time
>thinking about the mind maps than I would without them. Most of this
>is not just map-fiddling. That's more or less automated on the
>machines I use through programs like ActiveWords (another program I
>wish ran on Linux). I just spend more time thinking about the task
>with mind maps. Feature--not bug! It resembles using speech to text
>programs. My writing usually ends up better because it gets more of my
>attention.

This information is just what I needed.  Thank you Jay!

Natasha

<http://www.natasha.cc/>Natasha <http://www.natasha.cc/>Vita-More
Cultural Strategist.Designer-Media Artist.Futurist
Proactionary Principle Core Group, <http://www.extropy.org/>Extropy
<http://www.extropy.org/>Institute
Member, <http://www.profuturists.com/>Association of Professional Futurists
Founder, <http://www.transhumanist.biz/>Transhumanist Arts & Culture

If you draw a circle in the sand and study only what's inside the circle,
then that is a closed-system perspective. If you study what is inside the
circle and everything outside the circle, then that is an open system
perspective. - Buckminster Fuller