[extropy-chat] Natasha Vita-More, James Hughes on, MSNBC/Sexploration

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 21:05:34 UTC 2006

On 8/17/06, ben <benboc at lineone.net> wrote:
> "Boinking"?? What the hell is Boinking?
>
> If this is a new term, derived from "Bonking", i've never heard it before.

You must be English, then.  :)

The English dictionaries say that 'bonk' is English slang for having
sex. Not really offensive as it is used in newspaper headlines.

In the US, both are onomatopoeic, slang words.
The US dictionaries say that 'bonk' means to 'hit' or 'bang' as in hit
your head on a low door.
Originating in early 20thC, from the sound made when you hit your head.

'boink' seems to be the US slang equivalent of 'bonk', meaning to have
sex. Originating about mid 20thC from the sound made by bumping or
bouncing.

(I would have responded earlier, but researching these words tends to
lead to rather distracting web sites)  :)

BillK