[extropy-chat] META: mailing list problems was [Re: Bainbridg today ...]

Robert Bradbury robert.bradbury at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 20:38:17 UTC 2006

There may be a significant ExI list problem (or a gmail problem --
perhaps worse),

Looking at two recent replies....

> On Sun, Aug 20, 2006 at 11:25:27AM -0400, Keith Henson wrote:

and

Martin Striz <mstriz at gmail.com> to ExI
> On 8/20/06, Keith Henson <hkhenson at rogers.com> wrote:
> At 12:58 AM 8/20/2006 -0400, you wrote:

So I've got two (perhaps 3) examples of people citing a message (or
messages) from Keith that I have *not* received.  As I'm on gmail, so
I don't see why Martin (also on gmail) should have received them and I
should not have received them.  I do *not* get that much gmail traffic
that I would miss these and I can't see gmail dropping messages.

It sounds to me as if the ExI-chat outgoing mail sender is dropping
messages and that is *NOT* good.  Alternatively the ExI-chat mail
system is sending out replies to replies before finishing the sending
out the replies which would suggest a queue prioritization problem.

Robert