[extropy-chat] second life question

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 23:15:24 UTC 2006

On 12/4/06, Robert Bradbury wrote:

> I would guess part of the attraction in SL is that its got more bling.
> And to create the bling you have to invest time (at least if they keep
> copying & goo under control).
>
> Time = money, attraction, power, all the cool stuff you've got in the normal
> world.

The Gender / Age distribution in MMORPGs is mainly dependent on who
has the spare time available to spend game playing.

So it tends towards younger men and older home maker women.

See The Daedalus Project.
<http://www.nickyee.com/daedalus/archives/000194.php>

(Sorry to disappoint Spike, but the younger, mate-seeking women are
not the women playing MMORPGs).

BillK