[extropy-chat] Can the Future Do Without Economic Logic?

Technotranscendence neptune at superlink.net
Sun Dec 10 00:15:14 UTC 2006

Charlie Stross reponds...

While I disagree with his attitude toward the article (which is not to say he's completely off base; as a widely published author, I'm sure he has to weed out which criticisms of his work he'll bother attending to), I'm happy to see Charlie responded to me and wish him well on his move.

Regards,

Dan

Charlie Stross wrote:

  On 8 Dec 2006, at 21:52, you [meaning Dan Ust] wrote:

  > If you haven't already, see http://www.mises.org/story/2402
  >
  > Thought you might be interested.

  I couldn't care less. Being denounced as a "second-hander
  intellectual mountebank" makes it fairly clear where the author of
  the hatchet job is coming from.

  Why should I waste my time on him?

  (Feel free to pass that comment on the Extropians list. I'm busy
  gearing up to move house next week, so I won't be following the
  discussion.)

  -- Charlie