[extropy-chat] Neural Internet:Web Surfing with Brain Potentials

Lúcio de Souza Coelho lucioc at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 20:36:03 UTC 2006

(...)
> But anything beyond that, and I have a hunch it may require that, to mend
> e.g. a severed spinal cord would need nanosurgery, and if you can do that,
> you might want do a lot more than just repair. Isofunctional substitution
> (aka incremental or gradual in situ uploading) is within touching distance
> then.
(...)

I don't think that a severed spinal cord would need nanosurgery. Years
ago severed spinal cords of rats where regenerated using a much
simpler biochemical treatment (
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/1919621.stm ), and that hints at the
possibility of doing the same on humans in a not-so-distant future.