[extropy-chat] Rational force?

Al Brooks kerry_prez at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 12 23:29:20 UTC 2006

[c'mon, moderator, post this one]

Putting aside the war, why is it so many of the
opposition think the Bush administration is an
anomaly? The administration has causes which can be
traced way back; we can first trace it back to Bush's
father who was vice president under the Great Gipper,
who among many things, represented latent 50's
nostalgia.
We can examine America's agrarian Jeffersonian legacy
involving a mistrust of cities and modernity. The
great religious 'awakenings' influencing for just one
example anti-abortion sentiment, plus a streak of
mistrust of medical science.
Bush isn't my president however he is president to
tens of millions of those I consider rubes but who
consider themselves solid conservative citizens. In
our fairly decentralized 'system' they might not
exactly control, yet IMO they technically own this
country-- we're stuck with them for a long time.