[extropy-chat] Fatal Cult Memes (was: Recent evolution)

Frederick Mann fm1 at amug.org
Wed Dec 13 18:11:02 UTC 2006

--On Tuesday, December 12, 2006 11:55:40 PM -0700 Thomas <Thomas at thomasoliver.net> wrote:

> Mr. Mann,  After reading these articles I see I may have been preaching to the choir on this list.  I thank you for the wealth of information.  -- Thomas

The "fatal cult memes" mentioned below constitute part
of what I call "ancient/primitive/obsolete/destructive
software":

<http://chironia.buildfreedom.com/>

I know 2 people who have more or less spontaneously
cleared the "ancient/primitive/obsolete/destructive
software" from their brains. For the example of Simon
Baker, see:

#TL07E: NSPIC DEBATE #1
<http://buildfreedom.com/tl/tl07e.shtml>

There may be several hundred, possibly several
thousand people in the world who have already
developed the mental capacity to upgrade their
brains/minds by dumping the "ancient software."

If the means could be developed whereby maybe
several dozen people could upgrade, a core
group might be able to further develop the
means to enable many more people to upgrade.

This endeavor, apart from the vast benefits
to people in general, could become a billion
dollar business.

There are 3 big challenges:

1. How to find people with the mental capacity
to upgrade.

2. How to persuade/induce them to upgrade.
(To "normal humans," anyone who has upgraded
in the ways I suggest, is considered "crazy"
-- unless they keep quiet about their upgraded
status.)

3. How to organize a core group of upgraded
people for the business to develop the means
many more people could apply to upgrade
themselves.

(Max More seems to have the mental capacity
to upgrade as I suggest -- demonstrated by
#TL07D: DEEP ANARCHY --
AN ELIMINATIVIST VIEW OF "THE STATE"
<http://buildfreedom.com/tl/tl07d.shtml>.

However, if he were to continue upgrading
as I suggest, and other extropians were
to find out about it, most of them would
probably regard him as "going crazy!")

Frederick Mann