[extropy-chat] Time Magazine's Person of the Year

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Wed Dec 20 04:46:40 UTC 2006

Brent writes   (Hi Brent!  It's been a while since I've seen
you on the list---welcome back and all.)

> The fact that so many Extropians have such
> differing POV is what is really slowing down our
> movement...
> If any of your colleagues have a differing POV
> about what should go into the wiki - things break
> down right?  Only one POV is tolerated - for as
> long as people are willing to fight the infamous
> "edit wars" right?

Why not adopt Jimmy Wales' great aphorism:
"Disputes are characterized in Wikipedia; they
are not re-enacted."

So there will be sections that read, "While some
Extropians blah blah blah, others maintain that ...".

> The part of "WE" that we all agree on - isn't
> really all that interesting.  The biggest and most
> important part of "WE" is how we differ (and being
> able to quantitatively measure such...), I think.
>
> Has anyone found any wiki anywhere that handles
> differing POV in any way?

You see shortcomings in Wales' view of the matter,
or what really comes down in Wikipedia?

Lee