[extropy-chat] Not You Tube (Hubble Deep Field and Sagan's visions)

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Thu Dec 21 00:10:36 UTC 2006

Robert, in his less wise moments today says:

>Big and far can be "awesome".  So can near and distinct [1].  And so I would
>challenge both Spike and Amara... Which are we closer to being able to
>build?

I spent from 6am to midnight for the last 3 weeks working on
sequencing and pointing for a mapping infrared spectrometer to calibrate
on the Moon, on a mission that will be launched in six months to travel
to the asteroids Vesta and Ceres. And you?

>That is the point I would like to make -- people are passively or actively
>choosing to ignore the wind.

Have you lost your mind?

Amara