[extropy-chat] Not You Tube (Hubble Deep Field and Sagan's visions)

Russell Wallace russell.wallace at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 04:28:58 UTC 2006

On 12/19/06, Jef Allbright <jef at jefallbright.net> wrote:

> Pink Floyd in the background set the perfect mood for such a
> transcendent view of our place in the scheme of things.  Does anyone
> else here get that kind of feeling from Shine On You Crazy Diamond,
> Welcome to the Machine, Wish You Were Here, Hey You, Comfortably Numb?
> If so, does anyone have recommendations for similar music?

Yep! Let's see...

U2 for sheer grandeur.
Jean-Michel Jarre as background music for deep exploratory thinking.
They Might Be Giants for more conventional programming.
Guns n Roses for mad genius.
Fire in the Sky and Hope Eyrie for inspiration.
The Matsuri Uta from the anime series Blue Seed, for sheer beauty.