[extropy-chat] Time Magazine's Person of the Year

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 10:04:33 UTC 2006

On 12/19/06, Amara Graps wrote:
> 1) WE (say, my colleagues and I) have a project of which we want to
> participate.
> 2) WE are physically disconnected (say, spread over half the Earth).
> 3) WE want to share our resources to creatively build something.
> 4) Wiki Farms give US (=WE) such an environment.

There is a new startup called Thinkature that claims to be a new
collaboration tool.
<http://thinkature.com/about/>

Quote:
Thinkature brings the richness of in-person, visual communication to
the web by placing instant messaging inside a visual workspace. Use it
as a collaboration environment, a meeting room, a personal web-based
whiteboard, or something entirely new.
Shared workspaces in seconds

With Thinkature, you can create a collaborative workspace and invite
coworkers, friends, and colleagues to join you in just seconds. Once
inside your workspace, you can communicate by chatting, drawing,
creating cards, and adding content from around the Internet. It's all
synchronous, too - no need to hit reload or get an editing lock.

They are offering free accounts at present.
But as they are a startup, it is probably a good idea to keep your own
backups of anything you produce.  :)

BillK