[extropy-chat] humans on mars?

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Mon Dec 25 23:32:48 UTC 2006

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/12/25/pope.christmas.reut/index.html

> Being charitable, it is possible that he means "reached with a probe"
> not "landed humans on the surface"... Eliezer S. Yudkowsky

Ja I am assuming that is what he meant, but he should have commented thus:
"...humanity has reached all the rocky inner planets, plus Luna and Jupiter,
Flybys of Saturn and the other outlying planets as well as a comet flyby and
a interplanetary dust sample return mission, impressive technological feats
all, most of which employed Lockheeed Martin products..."

{8^D

Actually I like it, if we may adapt them slightly, thus:

Humanity has reached the moon and Mars and is prepared to conquer the
universe; humanity knows no limits in its pursuit of nature's secrets and is
succeeding even in deciphering the marvelous codes of the human genome.

[Wooohooo!]

Humanity has invented interactive communication, navigates in the virtual
ocean of the Internet and, thanks to the most advanced modern communications
technologies, has now made the Earth, our great common home, a global
village.

[Wooohooo!  Amen!]