[extropy-chat] cold fusion@ home4dummies vs. The Truth

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Tue Dec 26 21:53:56 UTC 2006

At 04:16 PM 12/26/2006 -0500, John K Clark wrote:

>Pons and Fleischman was nearly
>20 years ago! Dim witted they may be but if the phenomenon exists real
>scientists are bound to catch on sooner or latter. I mean, it's practically
>hitting them over the head. It's absolutely astounding that all these people
>with billion dollar budgets and boiling water IQ's just couldn't see it

It surely is a powerful reason to doubt the reality of the phenomena.
On the other hand, it looks as if very little of the $billion budgets
were spent testing the claim. Professor Josephson (odd and
contentious as the man is, he certainly doesn't have a boiling water
IQ either, and he's still at the Cavendish) suggests this link:

<Cold Fusion politics (revised June 9, 2004). Anyone wondering
whether cold fusion is a real phenomenon, or merely erroneous
science, should study this
<http://www.newenergytimes.com/Conversations/Beaudette-LincolnLab.htm>talk
by Charles Beaudette >

Damien Broderick