[extropy-chat] can't beat a wife

Robert Bradbury robert.bradbury at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 02:00:09 UTC 2006

On 12/27/06, Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:

> Not well enough, it seems. :)

Obviously true...

Sometime-extropy lister Barbara Lamar and I have been married since March
> 2002.

I will hang my head in shame and stand quite corrected for not being aware
of this.  (Was I invited to the wedding?)  [Engaging in stealth weddings on
the ExI list is frowned upon... Eugen got away with his but Anders is still
in open commentary season.]  [Didn't I long ago start a thread "Who will
Anders marry?"???]

I did a quick scan of my archives and I don't seem to see a wedding invite
but it might well have been lost to entropic processes.

But setting that conversation aside, I strongly doubt you have ever
considered beating your wife which would imply that one cannot really begin
to consider not beating your wife -- so the point was *still* rhetorical and
you *still* have to deal with my "show me the numbers" requests.  (Mind you,
my "gut" level wants the contrarians to win -- but that will not negate a
requirement for the facts.)

Robert