[extropy-chat] Is Many Worlds testable? - Randall

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Sat Dec 30 17:06:51 UTC 2006

"scerir" <scerir at libero.it>

> In MWI the quantum states become real, evident,
> as 'relative' states, as states which are 'relative'
> to specific (and let me say also non reversible)
> measurement apparata ...

Whatever idea you were trying to convey in the above I have no doubt the
English language is capable of expressing it in a much much clearer way, and
by using only one third of the space too. And ditch the diagrams, they don't
work very well in ASCII.

>Since the MWI picture of the 'splitting' is based
>on measurements,  and [.]

NO! The splitting or merging has nothing to do with measurements or
observation or consciousness; the great advantage of MWI is it doesn't have
to explain exactly what any of those things are.

 John K Clark