[extropy-chat] global warming eats island (2)

Keith Henson hkhenson at rogers.com
Sun Dec 31 23:36:02 UTC 2006

At 08:18 PM 12/30/2006 +0000, Billk wrote:

snip

>On the other hand, perhaps the group mind should include the silent
>majority who rarely post to the list. (They are frightened that Keith
>will call them 'status-seekers' if they speak in public).  ;)

LOL!

"I Think We're All Bozos on This Bus."  The Firesign Theatre

Seriously, it's the fault of women.

Stone age high status males were more attractive to women (for good
reasons).  Thus successful status seekers got more nookie and kids.  QED,
successful status seekers are our ancestors (for the most part).  That *we*
seek status is no surprise.

But you can't do it openly.  You have to just incidentally kill something
that will feed the tribe for a week and be very modest about it.

Why?

Keith