[extropy-chat] WSJ: A Cold Calculus Leads Cryonauts To PutAssetson Ice

Neil H. neuronexmachina at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 00:34:54 UTC 2006

On 1/31/06, kevinfreels.com <kevin at kevinfreels.com> wrote:

> It led me to another idea. Has anyone considered something similar to the
> X-prize for cryonics? Imagine a trust that was paid into out of life
> insurance as people passed away. This trust would pay out say 10% to the
> first group to bring back a squirrel after 6 months, 25% to the first to
> bring back a dog after a year, and 65% to whomever brings back the first
> human. This pot would continuously grow as more people were preserved.

Is cryonics an allowable treatment for the Methuselah Mouse Prize? I'm not
sure if it's in the spirit of the competition, but from a cursory glance of
their site it doesn't seem to be explicitly prohibited.

http://mprize.org/

The any case, the Methuselah Mouse Prize structure could be a useful model.
Researchers compete to beat the previous longevity record for mice and get a
percentage of the prize pot based on how much they beat the record by.

-- Neil