[extropy-chat] Faith-based thought vs thinkers Re: Intelligent Design: I'm not dead yet

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Thu Feb 2 06:50:32 UTC 2006

On Jan 28, 2006, at 5:39 PM, Brett Paatsch wrote:

> Russell Wallace wrote:

I don't think faith is "the enemy".  I think human irrationality in
all its guises is the real danger including simplistic narrow focus
on what "the enemy" is.  We don't have time for this nonsense.

> The only atheists that have done significant harm that I am aware
> of have only been able to do so because large numbers of people put
> faith in them.

The same is true of all "leaders" and causes,  in their effects for
good or ill, whether religious or not.

- samantha