[extropy-chat] Cryonics and uploading--reversible

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Thu Feb 2 07:02:48 UTC 2006

On Jan 29, 2006, at 8:41 PM, Keith Henson wrote:

> This business of destructive uploads just isn't going to play in
> the market (for anyone besides Hans), and, in my estimation, the
> technology to do reversible uploading of this kind isn't any harder
> technically than a destructive upload.

If age and failing health catches up with me too much before we can
stop and reverse such maladies but we have perfected destructive
uploads, I would certainly take it.    If the upload has vastly
improved possibilities and if the uploaded me does not experience
discontinuity, then I would still very seriously consider it.

Why would I want to stay on an inferior substrate and a deteriorating
one at that if I have a viable choice?

- samantha