[extropy-chat] Religion versus religious

Anne-Marie Taylor femmechakra at yahoo.ca
Fri Feb 3 03:02:16 UTC 2006

Do you know what I like about religion?  I like the fact that a whole bunch
  of smart people (Buddha, Ghandi, Jesus Christ, Einstein..), decided they had an idea. They believed in something,  they had a cause.  (Politics influences
  every idea, don't under estimate the intelligence behind it).

  Somethings you can't change: (unless you go up against Goliath)
  politics, religious beliefs, monetary value and dna

  I don't believe in people telling me what to believe (I don't like to be preached)
  I need proof (at least 80% of the time, i'd be happy)
  Faith is based on the maximum of people that believe in the same cause.

  Just because I believe that Singularity will occur
  doesn't change the fact that I have faith or believe in religion.
  I'm hoping humanity will accept that technology is the future,
  as much as I believe that somethings will always be unexplained.

  Anna