[extropy-chat] [Tech] StarChase Pursues High-Tech End to High-Speed Chases

B.K. DeLong bkdelong at pobox.com
Sat Feb 4 01:32:39 UTC 2006

At 07:44 PM 2/3/2006, you wrote:
>At 04:16 PM 2/3/2006 -0800, Jef wrote:
>
> >I suspect petrolhead cops will hate it. Takes all the macho fun outta the
> >sport.
> >
> >Good point, but think of all the extra opportunities it would provide for
> >cops who like to shoot at suspects, without the hassle of filling out a
> >"weapons fired" report.
>
>There'll be special points, though, for those who can lob the sucker
>through the back window and accidentally take out the driver's skull...
>Might take two in row. That'd be worth a notch in the belt.

And what happens if they ditch the car and head out on foot? You'd be
better to shower the car in GPS-emitting nanobots so when the guy
exits the car they get into his clothes and hair. Who knows - you
could have the nanobots transmit a DNA profile as well and see if
he's in CODIS. I wonder if you can have nanobots crawl over ones skin
and map out fingerprints.

--
B.K. DeLong
bkdelong at pobox.com
+1.617.797.8471

http://www.wkdelong.org         Son.
http://www.haloworldwide.com            Work.
http://www.bostonredcross.org           Volunteer.
http://www.brain-stream.com             Play.
http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org       Potter.

PGP Fingerprint:
38D4 D4D4 5819 8667 DFD5  A62D AF61 15FF 297D 67FE

FOAF:
http://foaf.brain-stream.org