[extropy-chat] earthquake

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Tue Feb 7 08:41:49 UTC 2006

I am working on learning to be an "I", an investor rather than an
employee.  It fits my nature somewhat better than being a "B".   I
don't know yet whether my investing is dependably good enough to live
on while increasing principal.  A few good months make it possible
that I am closer than I previously dreamed.  But it is too soon to
say. I may have a bit more working as a consultant to do while I get
my investment strategies and skills more honed.  Once money, at least
enough to live comfortably on, is not a time-consuming issue I get to
do exactly what I most want to with my time.  I am still working on
figuring out precisely what that is.   It is a different perspective
when the excuse of being limited by the "job" falls away.

If that counts as retiring then I fervently hope that everyone I know
gets to "retire" very soon.  I only wish that I was more aware of the
importance of such "retirement" much earlier and had learned more
about investing than simply gambling on luck, intuition, a good
economy and a reasonable general idea or two.   Financial
independence may be more obtainable than you think.

- samantha