[extropy-chat] Article: Who would not seize the chance to live to be 150?

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Thu Feb 9 03:23:09 UTC 2006

On Feb 8, 2006, at 5:47 PM, Neil H. wrote:

> The big question is who will bring human enhancement and life
> extension into the mainstream. Politicians and business leaders,
> who are already struggling to cope with rising pensions and
> healthcare costs, may be understandably reluctant to speculate
> about a world in which we all live (and work?) well into our second
> century.

Since people will be healthy an indefinitely long time health care
cost should drop quite substantially.  Since there is effectively no
"old age" there is no reason for pensions and other such devices that
presume it.   So these worried politicians and business leaders
should resoundingly embrace such possibilities.

- samantha