[extropy-chat] Muslim Machinations (was Protect ourselves to prevent a return to the middle ages)

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Fri Feb 10 09:33:40 UTC 2006

On Feb 9, 2006, at 11:23 AM, The Avantguardian wrote:

> It is a frustrating problem and obviously the time
> when one can safely bury ones head in the sand about
> the matter has passed. This one isn't going away on
> its own, folks.

We cannot bury our heads in the sand about the danger of tolerating
those who would destroy us and our tolerant ways.  Not all such
people hide behind religion though.  But we must wisely weigh the
real risks and act appropriately to the danger.

>> I think this is a
>> cue to find some
>> things out for myself. I knew about the apostasy
>> thing, which is bad
>> enough, but some of the others?
>> Do present-day muslims really think that it's right
>> and proper to beat
>> women that they suspect might not obey them?
>
> Of course, not too long ago a Muslim girl in Germany
> was beaten to death by her own brothers for dressing
> like "a German whore".

Bad as that is, these local anecdotes are a threat on a global scale
how?

> Moses was the adopted son of the Egyptian phaoroah.
> Buddha was an Indian prince. And Jesus was of the
> house of David and enough of a threat to Herod to have
> Herod kill off male children. Mohammed, however,
> refused to compromise his will to power. He
> slaughtered whole tribes of his fellow Arab bedouins
> that refused to acknowledge him as the word of God. He
> wanted both the riches of the earth AND the souls
> of his adherents. Thus Islam from its very beginning
> was a designed as a theocracy and theocracy is at the
> heart of Koranic dogma.

And so?  What mighty military do Muslims, full fundamentalist
Muslims, control?  They can riot and commit mayhem and occasionally
commit terrorism but really what can they accomplish toward a world
power Muslim theocracy?  Very little really.  So why are we acting
like the Muslim sky is in danger of falling?

> That the Muslim leadership are machinating against the
> governments of the west, there can be no doubt. Why
> else would it take over a year for cartoons in Denmark
> to galvanize the Muslim communities around the world?

This is supposed to be some proof?  Hah!

> http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/09/international/middleeast/
> 09cartoon.html?pagewanted=2&_r=1&th&emc=th
>
> It was decided by the Organization of the Islamic
> Conference that this would be the time to rally
> Muslims around the world against Freedom. And have no
> doubt, they will use the tools of Freedom like liberal
> moral and cultural relativism against it. The imperial
> march of Mohammed never stopped, it has only been
> waiting.

And you believe any such thing will work because?

> You can have freedom of religion and you can have
> separation of church and state, but all it takes is a
> religion that denies any separation between church and
> state and you have Freedom's Achilles Heel.

Nope.  They would need to gain and keep power to force their religion
on everyone else.  They have no way to do so.  It is irrelevant what
they believe about the separation of church and state as long as they
are denied the power.    In the West we have the same problem and it
is much more of a danger in America.  The fundies are very loud and
well placed politically who disclaim separation between church and
state.  They are MUCH more of an immediate danger imho.

- samantha