[extropy-chat] thought space map on cartoons

Keith Henson hkhenson at rogers.com
Sun Feb 12 18:28:37 UTC 2006

At 01:57 PM 2/12/2006 +0100, Amara wrote:
>spike:

snip

> >Position 4:  Yes, yes.  If both were right, the proponents
> >of this view must acknowledge that this will lead to conflict
> >which could tear apart societies and possibly lead to world
> >war 4.
>
>Oh if it could only be this simple!

snip

>So why again, and why now? Some of this ugly story must include a
>little provocation.

It might help to understand the genetic (hunger gatherer) roots of ethics
and morality.  I don't want to be in teaching mode all the time so someone
else should considering this on a new thread.  Hint: who you consider human
changes with the situation.

Second it is worth considering the "function" of wars during the millions
of years our ancestors were hunter-gatherers *and* the top predator.

Try Azar Gat hunter-gatherers in Google and follow some links for background.

The point really isn't about "right" but about humans "feeling" the "need"
for a large population reduction seizing on a meme that can "justify"
megadeath.

It's right out of the stone age and very depressing.  :-(

Keith Henson